Apex Legends Season 14, Hunted, brings in some things old and some things new. Slated to drop August 9th next week, there’s a lot of anticipation building around the new content. The newest Legend, Vantage, is a sniper-focused character who enters the games on the newly altered Kings Canyon map. There are a lot of new changes coming to leveling, weapons, Legends, and more so here’s everything you need to know about Apex Season 14.
New Legend – Vantage
Season 14 introduces the youngest Legend Vantage who enters the Apex games as an 18 year old. She’s Cuban American and is a sniper-based Legend who is going to make all the sharpshooter players very happy.
- Passive: Spotter’s Lens
- Vantage can identify targets on the ground for herself and zoom in while unarmed and with no scopes
- Tactical: Echo Relocation
- Vantage throws out her bat friend in any direction she likes and can launch to where Echo is and double jump once she gets to where Echo is.
- The cooldown for her tactical is the actual jump itself, Echo can be thrown out in any direction at any time but Vantage cannot jump until the cooldown is reset.
- Echo can be canceled, or recalled, at any time.
- Ultimate: Sniper’s Mark
- Vantage has her own Sniper Rifle (like Rampart’s LMG Sheila) that will mark targets she hits
- Her Sniper Rifle will dish 50 damage but marked targets will take 100 damage from her rifle and Vantage’s teammates can deal additional damage when the target is marked as well.
- The mark on a target will only last 10 seconds and will not extend through walls or cover, it is strictly a line of sight mark.
- Vantage’s ultimate does not have to be fully charged for her to use it, unlike Rampart’s Sheila. Vantage’s sniper rifle can be used at any time as long as the ultimate charge has loaded enough bullets. The fully loaded Sniper Rifle will have five total bullets.
- Ultimate Accelerants will charge her ultimate 35% (which is about two bullets)
Vantage has movement abilities as well as long range sniper abilities so she is going to be an absolute menace with players who excel with snipers. She’s able to stay at distance and deal good amounts of damage while also being able to provide recon support for her team, but she can also get herself out of some sticky situations with Echo or push with her team using her movement abilities. It’ll be interesting to see how Vantage plays in ranked and competitive.
Apex Legends Season 14 Map Changes
Kings Canyon is getting a major facelift in the Southwest corner where the infamous Skull Town used to exist. Between Salvage and Octane’s gauntlet now lives the new Skull Town replacement called Relic. It adds a mass where the map used to just be a giant gap between the two POIs, adding for more loot and rotations. The POI Cage has been reworked to be less of a high point for teams to bunker down in as its floors have been lowered and the outer caging has been taken away.
Broken Relay has added more buildings to its location and has been renamed Basin and the unnamed landmark between Containment leading to Capacitor has been opened up as well. Kings Canyon also implemented a new skybox to add vibrancy and clarity to the overall map. A few changes have been made to the map to increase the flow of the central rotation points as well. Kings Canyon’s loot pool has been adjusted to improve loot findings all across the map.
Season 14 will feature the map rotations Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Stormpoint with Ranked focusing on Kings Canyon for the first split and Stormpoint for the second.
And, speaking of loot, here are some major equipment changes in Season 14:
- The Gold Backpack will carry 6 more items and will feature a Deep Pockets bonus where you can carry stacks of three Shield Batteries and Medkits instead of two. Gold Backpack will no longer revive teammates with extra health or shields.
- The Gold Knockdown Shield will no longer include self-revive but will instead take the place of the previous Gold Backpack Guardian Angel bonus where you can revive squadmates with bonus shields and health.
Here are Season 14’s biggest Weapon changes as well:
- SMGS and Pistols will take a new Laser Sight barrel attachment that reduces hipfire spread. (Additionally, Assault Rifles will have a slight increase in hipfire spread)
- The Double Tap hop up is back and can be used on the EVA-8 and G7 Scout
- The Skullpiercer is back in rotation and can now be used on the 30-30 Repeater along with the Wingman and Longbow.
- The Wingman will now take Sniper Ammo and use Sniper Attachments and even with a gold mag, the ammo will only stack to 20.
- The Spitfire will now take Light Ammo and Light Attachments and with the gold mag, it will only hold stacks of 60.
- The Eva-8 has a slight buff to its fire rate and will be adding stocks to its attachment list.
- The 30-30 Repeater will automatically come with Dual Loader now and reload two shots at a time.
In addition to these weapon changes, the Volt SMG and G7 Scout are back on ground loot and the Bow and Rampage have been added to the Care Package weapon rotations.
New Level Cap
After years of players being capped out at level 500, there’s a new leveling system that allows players to level up to 2,000 times in Season 14. Think of this new system as a prestige system. Once you hit level 500, your level badge will alter with a gilded lining and your level will roll back to 1, indicating you’ve prestiged one round. You can do this up to four times and earn more free loot boxes with leveling further.
How do you feel about the new Kings Canyon map changes? Will you be unlocking Vantage to play her in the new season? Let us know! Apex Legends Season 14 is due to drop August 9th on Tuesday. For more Apex Legends updates, be sure to stay right here at IGN.
Stella is a Video Producer, Host, and Editor at IGN. Her gameplay focus is on competitive FPS games and she’s previously reviewed Apex Legends, Hyper Scape, Halo Infinite Multiplayer, and Battlefield 2042. She regularly hosts and shoutcasts competitive Apex Legends and Halo Infinite tournaments when she isn’t streaming on her Twitch channel after work outs. You can follow her on Twitter @ParallaxStella.
#Apex #Legends #Season #Hunted #Full #Details #Vantage #Kings #Canyon #Weapon #IGN